Monday, September 6, 2010

How a devotee of a siddha guru should lead his/her life?

I was thinking about this for a long time now. I wanted to prepare a list for myself on the things that I should be doing as a true and honest devotee. I have received gems of wisdom from Gurudeva. This list is based on my interactions with param poojya gurudeva,  information on http://www.siddha-loka.org/, interactions with some devotees and reading some books on Siddha gurus. I prepared the following list. One of the purposes is to become a true and honest devotee and to remind me of my duties. Another purpose is to document the received wisdom before I forget. None of these is mine. Everything is Gurudeva's. Since my understanding is involved in preparing this list, there might be some errors/mistakes:
  • Complete surrender to Gurudeva and inner shakthi (chaitanya shakthi)
  • Complete and full faith in Gurudeva
  • Constant remembrance of Gurudeva
  • Service to Gurudeva
  • Follow instructions of Gurudeva (Guru Vaani)
  • Awareness of
    • Guru is God manifest and God incarnate
    • My Guru's power is there to protect me and is constantly watching over me
    • Breath
      • External manifestation of Praana (energy) and a method to control mind. If breath is balanced, mind will be calm and purified. Gurudeva says that mind is the cause for both misery and liberation. So a calm and pure mind with the grace of Gurudeva leads one to liberation
    • Body, Mind (feelings and thoughts) & Spirit
    • Wakeful, Dreaming and Deep sleep state
  • Be natural (Sahaja) and let Guru's grace do everything
  • We should be disciplined and follow the Gurudeva
  • One should lead a life that is pure in thoughts, words and actions
  • One should stay close (Sannidhya) to the Gurudeva. Here it refers to being in contact with Gurudeva through one of various means (Just remembering him itself creates a connection to him)
  • Be in present
  • One should be contented with what he has and should work within his/her limits. One should never go to extremes and work beyond his/her capacity.
    • Gurudeva told a nice story on this topic. The story is about women folk drawing water from the village well.
  • Do your duty honestly and to the best of your abilities and leave everything else to Gurudeva
  • This world is an illusion and don't get attached to it
    • Gurudeva uses following quote: "Look but don't see; Hear but don't listen."

No comments:

Post a Comment